Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bad day

Today should have been an okay day, not great just okay. Chris let me sleep for 9 hours uninterrupted last night. Unheard of in newborn land! Then we were to move the rest of my moms stuff into our garage and then off to the Valley to see Ironman. I had finally given in and agreed to see it even though Chris had already. I don't like to pay to see movies twice but the Valley is cheap and everyone says how great it is. So at about 2 pm Chris headed over to my mom's to get started. We were under the impression that she had to be out by 5 pm so we thought there was plenty of time to move her stuff, have dinner and make it to a 8:30 movie. Now, at this point my stress level is pretty high and I am beginning to see it taking its toll on Christian. He is so in tune with my mood and seems to mimic it. Chris calls me when they are on there way over to unload the stuff and informs me that they have to turn in the keys by 5 but don't have to be out til midnight. Uh oh, this doesn't sound good. Then my mom shows up and starts firing questions at me. Do you have room for this or that, mind you we cleaned out most of our garage to fit all her stuff and some had to come in the house. Basically anything that we might need in the foreseeable future. Poor Paige no longer has her own closet, we completely took it over! Anyway, I am trying my best to keep my composure and not crumble or yell at her. Christian at this point is becoming extremely fussy and wont sleep. I know she is going though a horribly tough time and I am sympathetic to a point but a postpartum person can only take so much. I pretty much can cry at the drop of a hat. So, to make a very long story short after two trips with the truck Chris wasn't done until almost 7 pm and I was so upset by that time that we bagged the movie and had McDonalds for dinner while watching Family Guy. Fingers crossed that tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments: