Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wow, I truly suck at this.


I am a horrible blogger! Whenever I think I should sit down and write about what is going on something always distracts me. I think that I just have so many different things on my plate that this just gets shoved onto the table and ignored. Well since I am already writing I will give an update. The baby is now two months old and changing all the time. He now will interact with you, smiling and almost laughing. He is a real wiggler and hates to be constrained. He likes to be able to kick his legs and arch his back. He still isn't sleeping through the night but I am not surprised. Neither of his big brothers slept through the night until they were closer to four months old. We all see to be adjusting to having him as part of the family. All the kids have really taken to him. He loves to smile at Tyler and Jake always seems to be able to calm him down. He can go to him and place his hand on his tummy and just talk to him softly and Christian will just quiet down and peer up at him. I think those two are going to be buddies. Paige is still leery of him but fascinated at the same time. She still just watches him from afar. I think once he gets a little bigger and sturdier she will interact with him more. School is off to a roaring start. All the kids have already gotten sick including the baby. Not fun, let me tell you. But it has all seemed to pass and all the big kids and my dad have gotten their flu shots so now just Chris and I are left. Max just keeps on going but lately you can tell he is getting older. He doesn't like to get up and last week he actually fell on the carpet. We are used to seeing him slip and fall on the linoleum but never on the carpet before. We are going to take him to the vet next week for his yearly check up and we have a lot of questions about taking care of an older dog. I have been in a blah funk lately. I really feel a lot of the time I am just floating through things and am not really in the moment. Chris and I have been talking a lot about it and still haven't been able to pinpoint where my funk is coming from. I hope I can get out of it soon and really enjoy this time off from work! Well, that is enough typing for now and I am going to try really hard to stay on top of this. I am realistically shooting for once a week now. Ta ta!

What an adorable pair!

No comments: